Ahhhh I really do love music! Every time I hear a song that hits my soul… I cannot get enough of it. Sometimes the lyrics stand alone as pure genius… but then when a singers voice is added it takes it to a whole other level…. and then if the music is great well then… I melt completely.
I decided to dedicate this post to the top 10 greatest lines in songs. In no particular order. I don’t want to offend the other songs.
1. (You’re The Top- Barbra Streisand) “You’re the top! You’re Mahatma Gandhi. You’re the top! You are Napoleon Brandy…. You’re the purple light, of a summer night in Spain…You’re the National Gallery , you’re Garbo’s salary, You’re cellophane…..” (The entire song is just genius)
2. (Come On Strong – Lena Horne) “If you’re gonna love me, don’t just merely love me, make it…. like a Cole Porter song…”
3. (The Moon and I- Barbra Streisand) “And just as the sea, with its tides, I’m tied to the moon, when its full
so am I….”
4. (Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas- Judy Garland) “Someday soon we all will be together, if the fates allow, but till then we’ll have to muddle through some how…”
5. (Peel Me A Grape- Vanessa Williams) Send out for Scotch, call me a cab, Cut me a rose, make my tea with the petals….Just hang around, pick up the tab…Never outthink me, just mink me… I’m getting hungry, peel me a grape…”
6. (Rhode Island Is Famous For You – Blossom Dearie) “Pencils come from Pennsylvania, Vests from Vest Virginia and Tents from Tentassee. They know mink where they grow mink in Wyomink, A camp chair in New Hampchair, that’s for me…Minnows come from Minnowsota… Coats come from Dakota but why should you be blue? For you, you come from Rhode Island…Don’t let them ride Rhode Island it’s famous for you.”
7. (Baby Its Cold Outside- Vanessa Williams) “The neighbors might think (But baby it’s bad out there)Say what’s in this drink? (No cabs to be hailed out there.) I wish i knew how (Your eyes are like starlight now) To break this spell
(I’ll take your hat your hair looks swell.)
8. (Let Me Love You- Lena Horne) “I’ll buy you the dawn, if you let me love you today…and if that’s not enough
I’ll buy you the first of May….”
9. (Walkin My Baby Back Home – Nat King Cole) “She says if I try to kiss her she’ll cry, I dry her tears all through the night”
10.(Dark Fantasy- Kanye West) “Too many Urkles on your team that’s why your Wins-low….”